31 October, 2008

Trick or Treat


Today is Halloween. I don't believe it would make any difference to us Aussies. It's more of an North American thing.

Actually the other day I had a chat with DutchieKiwiAussie about Halloween. She told me that the kids in her neighbourhood will be trick or treat' ing. Last year she was ill prepared, but this year she wanted to make an effort without having to spent to much money. My word of advice was "Don't give them [kids] to much and go to Aldi for your supplies."

I thought to myself 'Thank God/Allah or the one who shall not be named, I don't have to worry about these things here in the big smoke'

Around 4pm today someone knocked at my door . My face was a Kodakt moment when I opened the door or maybe it was Master Card - priceless. Anyhu there they were, six little munschkins- kids that is!
Three of them were dressed as little fairies, one as Superman, one as Spiderman, one was wearing a George W Bush mask - he didn't look as scary as the fairies.

Imagine the dialogue as followed:

Kids: Triiiiiiick oooooor Treeeeeeeaat?

Me mumbeling: SHIT!

Kids: Triiiiiiick oooooor Treeeeeeeaat?

Me: Trick?

One Fairy: Trick???

Me: Yeah, Trick!

Superman: But we want Treat!

Me: But I don't have any Treat!

Another Fairy: No treat? Nothing?

Me : No sorry guys , I don't have anything. Not even gum.

I tell you what, you should have seen the disappointment in their little dark eyes - except George W Bush, I couldn't really see his.. It almost broke my heart

Oh well, such is life, sometimes it just does its own little thing.

However, I believe, Yes We Can make a difference in life and next year I'll make sure I'll have some Treat at home.

Beware and prepared, someone may be knocking on your door tonight.

No comments: