06 August, 2008

Shopping it in The Hood - Bondi Road


The other day I had a conversation with my friend Megan about shopping. Call me a mall-rat, but I usually do all my shopping at Westfield Bondi Junction, which is only 10 minutes walk from my place.
Megan however does her shopping in 'The Hood' on Bondi Road, which is 5 minutes walk from my place, and she tries to avoid WBJ at all cost. Megan prefers the local feel of Bondi Road and likes the idea that she is supporting local businesses.
Inspired by this thought I decided to give it a try and I have been shopping in The Hood for the last couple of weeks and I have to admit that 'I like it', preferring the village-feel to the mall-feel.
The local butcher next to the Post Office has a great range of organic meats, poultry and eggs as well as superb sausages (verly important).
Next door is the Russian Deli with a vast range of European delicacies, and the sales assistants Russian accent only adds to the charm of the place.
Then there is Kemeny's with a great selection of wine and groceries.
Accross the road is a fantastic Fruit and Veg shop and further down the road you will find a brilliant fish shop called The One That Got Away. And I don't want to forget to mention the beautiful flower shop next to the chicken place.....
To sum it all up, I'm hooked - I love the feel of it, the slower pace, the fact that you bump into people you know and of course the personal service you receive.

Digital Art Gallery

No comments: