13 August, 2008

Greetings from Manila

I just got back today from Manila this morning. I had 25 hours there and enjoyed it. My first impression was mixed and I think I have to go back again to get a better understanding of the place - there is only that much you can expierence in such a short time.
You see everything in Manila, from people washing themselves in the street gutter to a Imelda look alike, being chauffeured around in a big 'n fat Bentley.
The people are very friendly, always having a smile on their faces. The local food was delicious - I did indulged myself with some crispy pig knuckles - mmmh Kat liked verly much. And the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel, where I stayed, is also known for it's excellent Buffet. Food, Food, Food - I love it.
I had a great time with my colleague Pen who is from Manila and showed me around the place. She me took for a fantastic massage - no, not the one you are thinking off. In our cab rides from one place to another Pen entertained me with some fantastic stories about life, love and the universe - you rock girlfriend.

Btw the picture above is of a Jeepney. There are hundreds of them in Manila and they all look different.

http://www.888dag.com/

3 comments:

Lise said...

Sounds like a productive 25 hours especially having a massage!!! Fantastic!!

pommygran8 said...

The car would fit in well with the Variety Bash too! You foodie..

888 The Av 'n Gav Show 888 said...

Wow is this what you do for a crust........ take me with you sounds like fun