21 November, 2008

The Winner is ... The Wild Boys


Yesterday I went to see a play called The Wild Boys which was absolutely brilliant.
I wasn't sure what to expect. I read up on the story line and I knew it was presented by the Australian Theatre of the Deaf and that Alex Jones and Alexandria Wailes, who I personnally know were part of the cast.

The performance totally blew me away. In all about four words were spoken. The performance was a combination of universal sign language and physical performance. Anyone could have understood what was going, which I thought was extraordinary. The play was not carried by one actors performance alone, but by the whole ensemble (total of 4) and the music accompanying was simple, yet effective.

The play is on until the 29th November. A must see.

www.888dag.org

1 comment:

Megan said...

sounds like an awesome play. What a brilliant idea to show the skills of people who are often marginalised by society simply because they're different.

By the way, got a Brown - er Braun tootbrush. Its great!!!!! :)